Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Good Timing

Well, when I did my post about Ainsley's baby shower I said to consider those my 31 week pics. Then I went on to say I will post my 32 week pics once we got our maternity pics back because we took them at 32 weeks. If you do the math...we had our maternity pics done at 32 weeks which ended up being...THE WEEKEND BEFORE AINSLEY ARRIVED! Let's just say that was good timing or else we would not have these beautiful pictures to enjoy of my (what little did we know) last days of being pregnant. We were so lucky that it worked out that way. I gave the photographers a list of dates that worked best for us so hopefully some would work for them too. We took these pictures Easter weekend which happened to be the very earliest date I had on the list of dates. I am so thankful to Shane and Natalie Ivey for taking so much time out of their Saturday afternoon and doing this for us. Shane and Natalie are good family friends of ours and they did such a great job at capturing moments for us to be able to enjoy forever. Even though Brantley and I were probably a little bit difficult to photograph. Let's just say Brantley and I can't exactly laugh on cue. But it was fun and we enjoyed spending some time with Shane and Natalie. These pictures were taken at Shane's parents beautiful home. I'm working on the story of Ainsley's arrival. It takes a lot of time and there are a TON (like hundreds) of pictures to choose from. So, just keep checking back and maybe one day I will surprise you and it will be posted! Haha. Most of you are probably already aware of what happened anyways.

Quick Ainsley update:
She has started taking a bottle for all of her feedings (instead of being fed through the feeding tube). Developmentally babies do not start the "suck, swallow, breathe" method they need to be fed and handle a bottle or breastfeeding correctly until they are 35 weeks. It takes too much energy and wears them out if they do not have the process down and that is why they are tube fed. Well, she turned 35 weeks this past Saturday and surprised us the other day when we walked in and she was downing a bottle. Just the night before, when we were there, she could have cared less about the bottle and they ended up tube feeing her. This is a HUGE deal because it is the last thing she must accomplish before she can come home. But there is still certain criteria she must meet, like taking only bottles for feedings, 2-3 days straight, in less than 20 minutes each feeding. That kinda thing. I'm about to head to the hospital in a few minutes to see her, so maybe we will hear some good news. We are hoping only a day or 2 more and she will get to come home! Also, she is almost back to her birth weight as of last night. She now weighs 4 lbs. 6.5 oz. Half a ounce from her birth weight! At one point she dropped below 4 lbs. Anyways, she is doing well and maybe you will get an update soon that she is home. Cross your fingers!







2 comments:

  1. Your maternity pictures are SO cute! They seriously turned out great! I love the one of you with the bow, the one of you and Brantley belly-to-belly, and of course the one of Brantley shocked at the baby in your belly! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures! That is lucky you got them in! You were so cute pregnant. Just think of it this way... You didn't have to go through the last month when pregnant women think they are so bloated and ugly. You just got to be precious the whole time :) Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete