Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

And the blogging begins...

After all the time I have spent looking at other people's blogs, I figure it's about time I start my own. Brantley always tells me I need to get a hobby. While he considers his hobby video games, I consider all of my hobbies to be expensive (shopping, decorating, etc.), so he says they don't count. I may have now found my new hobby...blogging! A couple of exciting things have happened this month. Brantley got a new car (well, new to us) and we went on a fun weekend getaway! Over the 4th of July weekend, my wonderful husband surprised me with a birthday trip to Chicago. I have never been to Chicago, so I didn't have a good idea of what to expect. All I knew is we were staying in a nice hotel right off of The Magnificent Mile and I was going to get to go shopping! I didn't realize how huge the city was going to actually be. There is so much to do there! It was such a fun trip and after eating lots of good food, doing some sight seeing, and more shopping than B would have liked, we left ready to go back for another visit sometime. It is the perfect weekend getaway! Thanks Brantley! Here are some pics from our trip and of B's new car. Enjoy!



Our first car to buy on our own! (car buying=NOT FUN)



Waiting at the Nashville airport while our flight was delayed. Gotta love the iPhone!



Mmmmm...Giordano's!



The only store Brantley actually cared to go to.
(And it was right across the street from our hotel!)




Where we ate before heading to see the fireworks show.



Walking to Millenium Park



A really cool water area for kids (or I guess grown-ups too).
There were 2 huge video screens on either side that changed pics as the water shot out.




Thousands of people everywhere!



Waiting on the fireworks to start.



One of the only decent pics I was able to get of the fireworks.



Wrigley Field



Enjoying some delicious Potbelly milkshakes before Blue Man Group!



Brantley is so proud of this picture! We discovered that night at dinner Mr. Blue Man left behind some of his blueness on B's red shirt!



Navy Pier



Enjoying our ride on the ferris wheel!



Cookie break...probably the best cookie I've ever had. Thanks Hershey's Store!



View from our hotel room. That's Michigan Ave. down there and on the corner
is a huge Crate and Barrel!




Our hotel "The Avenue"









































1 comment:

  1. Yay! I have had a blog for a while...only Vikram and Alok reading it :). I actually deleted it but just "undeleted" it. Fun way to keep up so I'm excited to see friends on here.

    ReplyDelete