Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 21, 2010

30 down 10 (or so) to go...

Last weekend my good friend, Morgan, and her husband, Brandon came to Nashville for a short visit before heading to Gatlinburg for Spring Break. I hadn't seen her in months, so it was great getting to spend some time with her and have a shopping buddy for the day! Unfortunately, I didn't think until after the fact that I didn't take any pictures. I was so mad because I had intended to at least take one of Morgan and me. There's always next time!

The rest of the week was EXTREMELY tiring. I had a substitute with me all week which meant I did most of the work. And being in a small room full of 8 one and a half to two year olds, that can really stress a pregnant lady out! This past week I really started feeling the backaches and leg pains from bending down and standing up constantly throughout the day, which made it even worse having a sub. People began noticing at the end of the day that I was not walking normally. I was doing a lot more wobbling down the hallways than normal! I've also really started feeling the weight. It's definitely strange to feel so much heavier and off balance than normal.

This weekend we focused on refinishing the dresser for the nursery. This has been a very long process and taken a lot more time than we had expected. However, people tell us that we will always be so proud of it when it is finished. And I'm just excited to be able to bring the style of furniture I want into the room and and it will have been something we did on our own. It's taking so long because we work on it as much as we can stand to on the weekends because when I get home at night during the week it's the last thing I want to do. This weekend we were able to get a majority of it completed. My goal was to finish the entire thing because I am so sick of thinking about it! It's on my mind all of the time. We worked on it until 1:30 in the morning Friday night and then I had a dream about it. I'm just ready for it to be finished because I don't know how much longer I can handle sitting in the floor for longer amounts of time and also the nursery is a disaster zone! Blankets, painting/staining/sanding equipment, and the dresser are consuming the entire room. I'm ready to be able to have the crib assembled which has been sitting in our living room floor still in it's packaging for a few weeks now. So by the time I write my next post, the dresser better be finished or it may not get finished!

This Wednesday is our next doctor's appointment. I can't believe I'm at 30 weeks! It's a scary feeling when you know what is going on every weekend between now and the baby's arrival. And this coming weekend is my Memphis baby shower! I'm so excited! I'm so thankful to be able to have a shower in Memphis since this is where my past is and so many people I care so much about and grew up with are going to be there. I can't wait to see family and "old" friends. It is going to be so much fun! So, next time I will have way more pictures to post and much more entertaining things to write about, but until then here are my belly pics from the past couple of weeks.

~29 Weeks~

~30 Weeks~

4 comments:

  1. I love the green shirt! If we lived closer, I would definitely be borrowing that! :) Still looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree... green shirt is a winner! Too cute! So excited about next weekend. It's gonna be great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I third the comment about the green shirt. That would look cute for the shower :) Sorry the dresser has been so stressful- I shoulda just made a trip to Nashville and helped you whip that thing out haha. You will love it when its done- I promise! I can't wait to see it! See you in 3 days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I made it in the blog! I know I was mad that I forgot to take pictures too. We will have to get some this weekend though!

    ReplyDelete