This past week our precious daughter turned 5 months old (3 1/2 months gestation) . Oh how time does fly. I have trouble remembering a time when Ainsley was not a part of our lives, even though she has only been here 5 months out of my 27 years. It is strange how much your child can feel like a part of you. When she is not with me, I constantly have the feeling something is missing. Motherhood is a joy like none other. I love Ainsley more and more every single day.
These days Ainsley:
is smiling a TON,
is talking a TON,
laughed the first time and we caught it on video! (9/8/10),
loves her hands and putting them in her mouth,
holds on to a few of her toys and has started putting them in her mouth (especially her ring and Sophie the Giraffe),
watches Brantley and I very closely,
turns and looks at me to the sound of my voice,
likes the way the t.v. looks when it is on (that's a nice way of putting it, right?),
is very easily startled and jumps at the smallest things,
loves either laying on her back or being carried around, held up high, facing forward, while constantly moving (and that's about it to keep her content for longer periods of time),
is starting to somewhat enjoy her exersaucer in small increments,
is eating cereal (notice I didn't say "likes" eating cereal),
has eaten sweet potatoes and squash (loves those sweet potatoes!),
loves her paci (only during the day and does not need it at night to sleep...I hope it stays that way!),
tends to take an hour nap in the morning and anywhere from a 1 to 3 hour nap in the afternoon,
usually sleeps from around 9:30 pm- 7:00 am (about once every week, or so, she might wake up during the night, will eat, and then go back to sleep),
is still nursing, but takes bottles for Lili (my mom) during the day when I'm at work,
is still wearing size 1 diapers,
is wearing size 3-6 months in clothes/ 6 months in some sleepers and is quickly outgrowing them,
is now rolling over from front to back (first time the day before she turned 5 months on 9/13!) and is SO CLOSE to rolling from back to front any day now,
has started actually being okay while sitting in her bumbo chair or high chair for longer periods of time,
and last but not least is SO incredibly spoiled in SO many ways!
My favorite things about this age:
What a fun age! I have loved seeing so many changes over the last month. She has gotten a lot happier and can last longer in the evening without having a break down with Daddy. The talking and smiling melt my heart every single time. This is probably my most favorite! Her little voice is so sweet and I could listen to her all day. Also, she has taken more interest in looking at people and things. Her eyes will follow me across the room and she will sit there and watch Bella with a look of wonder. The benchmarks, such as rolling over, are so exciting and she cracks me up with her looks of disgust with those few bites of food every night. I cannot wait to see what this next month brings. I'm sure there are going to be so many more special moments to come.
~Ainsley's 5 Month Photo Shoot with Mommy~








No comments:
Post a Comment