Since my last post, Ainsley has "turned" 15, 16, and (in just a few days) 17 months old.
At 15/16/17 months, Ainsley is:
~WALKING like crazy and has started actually running some. Saying, "Go, go, go!" seems to encourage her to take off and go a little faster. For now we will just call it speed walking.
~doing all of the other usual large gross motor stuff that she may not have been doing at 14 months, such as pulling up, bending down, standing back up, crawling around, standing up from being seated on the floor, etc.
~becoming a very picky eater. I almost wouldn't even call it picky as much as I would being moody and not wanting to eat. It varies day to day, meal to meal whether or not she's interested in sitting and eating. Of course she always prefers the foods that aren't so good for ya :) And continuing to get her molars in 1 at a time doesn't seem to help either.
~some of her favorites are chicken nuggets, APPLESAUCE, strawberries, grapes, bananas, pasta, waffles, cheese (tried to get her to eat several types but she just wants plain ole American), peas, carrots, corn, baked potatoes, mashed potatoes, fries, burger, pizza and that's about it. She will eat other things depending on her mood, but will ALWAYS eat the things listed above.
~pretty much her only true word is "Mama" and I think actually finally gets that that's ME :) But she knows when I say "Daddy" who that is. She just doesn't say it much.
~very much a "Mama's girl" still. I'm sure that will change. I think it's because I'm with her all of the time.
~babbling like crazy! She will talk and talk and talk. Only problem is we have no clue what she thinks she is saying. But she will point to anything she wants our attention on.
~Point and makes a "uh" noise when she wants something or see something that she wants us to see. Some examples: ANYTIME she sees an animal (especially dogs) she gets excited and points; goes to the fridge and attempts to open the door when she wants her drink or something to eat (aka applesauce) Without the words the girl knows what she wants when she wants it and doesn't like "No" for an answer.
~LOVES dogs and loves Bella
~definitely knows how to throw a tantrum. She will throw a complete fit and have a meltdown if we do not let her do or have what she wants. For the most part it's entertaining and because of having to deal with it at work I can pretty easily ignore it.
~understands almost any phrase or instruction we give to her. She may not have the verbal communication down, but she seems to have good receptive language.
~enjoys to brush her (own) teeth pretty much anytime it's time to change her diaper. Hey, I'm not gonna argue with that one!
~is very interested in pictures and is constantly walking over to our computer and pointing (and "uh"-ing) at the picture of the three of us on the desktop. Also, when my mom asks her where is Mommy's picture she will walk over to and point at my bridal portrait in their dining room.
~still mostly in her 12-18 months clothes, but is starting to wear her 18-24 months stuff and is in size 3 diapers, but will move to 4's here soon.
~Takes 1-2 naps a day (depending on what we are doing) and sleeps 11-13 hours a night.
Ainsley also had her 15 month check up and here are her stats:
~Weight: 22 lb. 9 oz. (50th %)
~Height: 31 inches (75th %)
~HC: 19 in (97th > %)
She also had a 16 month check up because the doctor was worried about her weight. At her 15 month well visit it had evened out on her chart instead of increasing like she always has before. She had been in the 75th percentile at her 12 month visit (22 lb. 5 oz.) and had gone down to the 50th. So we made another trip back to see him at 16 months and she was totally fine. (I guess he didn't take into consideration that she had been sick with a virus and and ear infection the entire 2 weeks before her appointment and hadn't eaten ANYTHING. I probably would have lost a couple of pounds too :)
So at 16 months she was back to the 70th percentile and I cannot remember exactly what she weighed, but I think she was back up to around 24 lb. 5 oz.
Our sweet girl's personality has definitely started to become more apparent these past few months and it is so much fun to get a glimpse of who she is going to be! She is so happy and a lot more active. This is such a fun age, but I've also had times where I look at her and think, "Where did my baby go?" She is turning into such a little girl! But she will always be my baby.
~15 Months~

~16 & 17 Months~
(This picture was taken a couple of days ago while she is technically still 16 months, but given that she turns 17 months in 4 days it will have to count for that one too.)




Thanks Adrienne. I really do check your blog.
ReplyDelete