Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Gulf Shores 2009

My Mom, Mimi, and I went on a trip to Gulf Shores, AL back in March 2002.
We had such a wonderful time and Mom has been wanting to plan a time to go again. So we finally did! My mom planned a wonderful 5 day trip for the three of us. It was a nice little getaway and very relaxing weekend. We shopped, ate, and went to the pool. Can't get much better than that! On the way we stopped at this farmer's market called "Burris's Farm Market". If anyone (of the very few people who read my blog) ever makes the drive to Gulf Shores you definitely need to stop at this place and grab a dessert! They have an amazing ice cream shop/ bakery in the back. One of my mom's good friends had always told her to stop there, but she never has until this go around. My milkshake was well worth the extra hour we added to our drive to get to our final destination! It took about a hour because we also looked around and bought a few goodies to bring home.




Welcome to The Beach Club Resort! I don't know why exactly it says Gulf Shores on the rug, but the resort is actually West of Gulf Shores in Fort Morgan. It was really nice here because it is a little more out of the way and secluded. Therefore, it was more calm, quiet, and relaxing. Although some of that could have had to do with it was the week most schools had started which made it the perfect week to go!



We arrived at the resort on Thursday evening. We had so much stuff! I couldn't
believe how much stuff we needed (or didn't need, but brought anyways)
for a five day trip. We were cracking up getting onto the elevator! We could barely fit!
Believe it or not, the only thing that is mine is the pink suitcase and that
little beach bag with a towel that's on the top of the grocery cart. The rest was
Mom's and Mimi's.


Our super cute condo. Mom did a great job picking out the perfect "girls weekend" condo! I especially loved the striped chair in the living room and the dining area.




These are the beautiful views from our balcony that welcomed us when we arrived inside of our condo. My favorite part of beach trips...being able to open the curtains every morning and see this. The resort has four towers and each tower has its own pool. The main pool in the second picture was the bigger prettier one so that is
where we went.



We sat out on the balcony the night we got there and someone thought they would
welcome us with a fireworks show on the beach! I guess they knew we were coming!
We would think they were finished and walk inside and then we would hear them again so we would run back out. This went on for at least 30 minutes. Haha. It's not
every day you can sit on the balcony and watch fireworks over the ocean!



On Friday we relaxed, ate lunch at the condo, went to the pool, and took a
walk along the beach. The weather forecast kept saying it was going to rain
the rest of the time we were there, so we tried to take advantage of the sun.
Of course it didn't rain...




Friday night we were pretty tired from being in the sun. So we decided to head out to Gulf Shores to find an Italian restaurant we had eaten at the last time the 3 of us had come here back in March of 2002. Luckily, we found it! We thought we would watch a movie when we got back to to the condo, but instead attempted to use the self timer on my camera to get some pictures of the 3 of us. For the most part they didn't turn out so bad! My Mimi was styling that night in her red shirt, navy and white striped flared pants with the cutest read shoes on! I told her if I had seen those shoes in
store I would have bought some for me!


On Saturday for lunch, before a LONG day of outlet shopping, we ate at Lulu's! It has a fun environment and is a very touristy type of place to go eat. But they had pretty good food and really cute T-shirts!



On Sunday night, our last night, we ate at a nice restaurant located at the resort. I had a very yummy filet and Mom and Mimi had seafood! The beach is behind us but because of the lighting on the porch it didn't show up.


Thanks for the fun weekend Mom! We now have more good memories!


3 comments:

  1. Mimi and I have just looked at your blog and relived the trip you girls took to the coast. She had a very good time and is glad that she went. At first she was very hesitant about going. She has been that way for a while, but once she got there she had a wonderful time with two of the most important people in her life. I enjoyed seeing the pictures and it help be to a a visual image of where you were. That looked to be a wonderful place and Mimi said it was... I am so glad that your mom is such a thoughtful caring daughter. We all need to be more like her. We love you, Papa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous! Looks like y'all had a great time! Maybe next time the Nickleson girls can tag along on the Daniel trip. Our best vacations have been planned by your family. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh it looks like yall had such a fun trip!! I am totally jealous! I LOVE the beach. And seafood!

    ReplyDelete