Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Celebrating 5 Years in San Antonio

The hubby and I celebrated 5 years of marriage this past New Years day! I cannot believe it has been 5 years. We decided it was a good time to go on a anniversary/"babymoon" trip. We have been wanting to go to San Antonio for a while. As a matter of fact, we had planned on going this past July with two of our best friends, but things didn't work out so we went to Chicago instead. Brantley has always told me I would really like S.A. and seeing the Riverwalk. So this is where we decided to go! We asked our friends again if they would like to join us and they were able to! We were so excited because we have been saying for 4 years (they have been married 4 years now) that we wanted to go on a vacation together. Until a couple of weeks ago it still hadn't happened. It worked out well because they live in Fort Worth and were able to drive up to meet us, pick us up from the airport, and drive us around when we needed a car. Thanks guys! Also, we were so glad they were able to go because they've been there with B and I since the beginning of our relationship, we enjoy being with them so much and miss getting to see them as often as we have in the past, and also it was our last chance pre-baby to get to finally go on a trip together. Plus, it's always fun to bring in the New Year with close friends!

After picking us up from the airport Thursday afternoon, Neal and Cindy already had a place picked out that they wanted us to go for lunch. It was yummy!



First of many picture stops. This is my first walk down the Riverwalk after we checked into the hotel. Our hotel was on the Riverwalk but not in the "busy" restaurant/shops section of it. But it was nice because it was a short walk to all of those things.

Neal and Cindy

More views of the river and its surroundings...


Is that the mall??? (Mine and Cindy's favorite place to go.)



Middle of the Rivercenter Mall

Tex-Mex!!! (enough said)

Eating at Casa Rio for dinner on New Year's Eve. We expected it to be really busy and have a long wait, but it wasn't. I think we were just part of the early bird/old people crowd. It was delicious no matter what time it was! We love us some Tex-Mex.


They do Riverwalk boat tours and we thought it would be fun to go on one. My pictures from the actual tour did not turn out very well b/c it was dark. Boy was it cold! Luckily Cindy had an extra sweater with her that we both attempted to bundle up under.

The boys also think it's cold.


1 out of the 10 picture attempts where they actually smiled normal.



There's a stage on the river with stadium type seating on the other side of the water. There was some type of talent show going on (we think) that night and these girls were dancing as we floated by.


New Years Eve



San Antonio puts on a "Celebrate San Antonio" festival every New Years Eve. We decided to go check it out since our hotel was only 2 blocks away and we knew there would be fireworks. Boy was that somewhat of a mistake! One of those been there done that and won't do it again things.




A picture of the park during the day before the festival when it was so much more peaceful.



The park (above) New Years Eve night...not so peaceful.



Happy 2010!!!
The top of the tower below had 2009 lit up at the top and when it turned midnight it started flashing 2010 as the fireworks began. The four of us started heading back towards our hotel before the fireworks ended. It seemed to be that the other 200,00 people were wanting to walk in the opposite direction. We ended up getting separated from Neal and Cindy. A minute later Brantley noticed a circle clearing out around us and instantly we were in the midst of a girl fight that broke out! Brantley turned me away as fast as he could and turned his back to the girls (who were at his feet on the ground punching each other) and he got nudged in the back by one of the girls in the process. It didn't do any good to attempt to get out of there and go the opposite direction (as I was trying to do) because all the other crazy people were trying to see the fight. Anyways, we FINALLY made it back to the hotel where Neal and Cindy were waiting on us in the lobby. It ends up they were on the other side of the circle and didn't see the girl fight by us. They said there was a guy fight going on next to them. All of this to say, we are officially celebrating like old folks on New Years Eve from now on...meaning a quiet night at home with friends. I guess that's what we will do anyways considering we will have a baby to take care of in the years to come!



Happy Anniversary and midnight kiss!


On Friday we headed to see Shamu at Sea World.
(My 19 week pic)




Shamu is so talented! Haha

The boys love their roller coasters! Cindy isn't a huge fan of roller coasters, so I had someone to hang out with while the boys rode them.



The Sea Lion Show
This was my favorite! It was actually pretty funny and really cute.


The adorable otter that would run out really fast to pick up any props they needed to get off of the stage.

Fat Walrus


Cindy, Shamu Santa, and Me

Ewww!!! (I would not touch these)

Feeding the dolphins
The boys riding the coaster
The Polar Express in 3-D (or a 15 minute nap)

We sat and watched these little guys forever! They are so entertaining yet do absolutely nothing all at the same time.


A really fabulous Italian dinner Friday night

The Alamo
This is something you have to see if you go to San Antonio just to say you've been. Nothing too exciting (especially considering what I saw on my trip to Italy last March), but it's just one of those things you do as a tourist here. Also, I kinda felt like I should go check it out because I am related to Davy Crockett who fought and died here. So that was really the only interesting thing about it to me. It's so much smaller than I had imagined.



Daaavy...Daaavy Crockett, King of the Wild Frontier...

Overall it was a great trip! I cannot believe it's over. It's weird to think that was our last trip as a family of 2! I told Brantley on the plane ride home that we probably would not be going on a flight again for atleast a year. That's weird to both of us because we are used to going somewhere where we have to fly at least once a year if not more. But I'm kinda glad because I have gotten tired of the whole airport/flying thing. It was also nice to get to enjoy being with close friends! After a two week break of being busy and traveling it's back to the "real world." I love having breaks to look forward to because it makes the work weeks go by faster, but now I don't have another break until the BIG break in May! I hope I can make it that long! Haha. Check back soon for my 20 week update (late of course).


1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a GREAT trip! I loved all your pictures. I want to go there now! And of course I'm loving your baby bump! Sweet baby girl is growing!

    ReplyDelete