Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, January 15, 2010

Half Way

So, of course this post was not posted on time! Oh well, that's the way it goes with me. I figure better late than never, right? We are officially half way to meeting our baby girl! I remember when a couple of my friends, who are pregnant, posted the same thing on their blogs when I was still in my first trimester. I commented that I could not believe they are already half way there and I could not imagine being at that point. Well, here I am! I have a feeling this half of the pregnancy will (hopefully in some ways) feel as if it goes by faster than the first half. The first half seemed to mostly involve keeping the pregnancy a secret for 12 weeks, exciting doctors appointments, being worried all of the time that there's something wrong, not actually feeling pregnant, getting the flu, not wanting to eat ANYTHING, ultrasounds, and wondering for 4 and 1/2 months what the gender is. Things continue to get better, but then again I haven't gotten into the 3rd trimester yet and I've been told things about that part of pregnancy that I would not mind skipping. This is an exciting time because now that we actually know what we are having I can start working on the nursery and buying things (which is not good and is very difficult not to do when there are SO many adorable baby girl clothes that I just cannot resist!)
I finally felt baby girl move/kick for the first time on Jan. 4th. B and I were laying in bed watching a movie and I had been determined to feel her move all weekend! So I was laying with my hand on my stomach and after a while felt her move a couple of times. I had Brantley put his hand where I had felt her and wait and a couple of minutes later he felt her too! This lasted a few more minutes. It was small movements, but it was such an amazing thing to experience together. I have been feeling her every couple of days now (mainly at night when I have gotten settled down), but it still hasn't been anything major. I'm ready to be able to feel her move/kick more often and a little stronger which could be anytime now. This is one of the most wonderful things about being pregnant! Also, this past week people have started saying, "Congratulations!" and asking when I'm due without having been told I'm pregnant. That is a good feeling and, to me, a big milestone. I actually look pregnant now!
Here is my 20 week baby bump. Tomorrow I will be 21 weeks, so maybe someday I will get around to posting again. At the rate I've been going you can expect most of my posts to be about a week behind. Until next time...

20 weeks (and a few days)

1 comment:

  1. Yay for being halfway there! Love your little baby bump! :)

    ReplyDelete