Thursday afternoon I got the call...,"Ms. Pearce, this is Dr. Graham. I wanted to call and let you know Ainsley has been doing so well and she will be able to come home tomorrow." Yeah! We were so excited. That night we were going to go on our "last" date (dinner and a movie). Of course, that turned into just dinner. I felt like there was SO much to do and errands to run before bringing Ainsley home. I was up late that night doing things around the house and I was just so worried/super excited that it was a little hard to make myself get in bed and fall asleep.
Friday morning, April 30th, we went to the NICU one last time, signed the discharge papers, said our good-byes and loaded our little bundle of joy into the car.
Welcome home Ainsley! We love you!

I had the honor of turning off her monitor! It was a wonderful, yet scary, feeling. You start to get so used to having that monitor to reassure you everything is okay and then you're on your own.
All dressed up to come home. This gown was one of several gifts from Brantley's maternal grandparents, Aunt, Uncle, and cousins in West Texas. I knew right when I opened it this was what I wanted to bring her home in. It was perfect!
Quick family shot before leaving the hospital
Leaving the NICU...this time with our baby!
We're home!
Litte sign in our front yard my Mom got
Meeting Bella...or really Bella meeting Ainsley
All cozy and wrapped up
Yes, Bella was WAY more interested in Brantley's Wendy's than Ainsley. She really could have cared less about the baby. We were very entertained by this.
First bottle right when we got home...and the fun begins...
Showing Ainsley her nursery
Bella: "Don't mind me. I'll just squeeze in right here."
Uncle Michael and Baby "A"
Sweet, sweet face




Dresser looks great...and so does Ainsley =)!!!
ReplyDelete