Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, July 19, 2010

The Nursery

I have been putting off posting pictures of Ainsley's nursery in hopes I would eventually complete it. Thanks to my Mom we got most of it put together during the couple of weeks after I came home from the hospital before Ainsley was able to come home. One of the first things that crossed my mind when I was told I would not be leaving the hospital until Ainsley arrived was that her room wasn't ready for her! So it was a huge relief when we got as much as we did done during that short amount of time. Really all that's missing now are wall decorations above the dresser and maybe the crib (I haven't decided yet). But who knows when that will happen. So for now...

The glider: This was a gift from my parents. I LOVE it. I got to pick out the chair and the material. It's a cream color with a type of paisley pattern. It's incredibly comfy which is very much a necessity when it comes to those late night feedings!
The bear: This was Brantley's mom's bear years ago. I have this and a few of her cloth dolls. The vintage style was a great addition to the nursery.
The crib and bedding: I was so excited about being able to get all of this. Thank you to my wonderful hubby for allowing me to! Haha.
Ainsley chilling in her crib getting sleepy while I was taking these pictures this past weekend.
I guess I was really that boring...
The mobile: 1 out of 2 of my favorite parts of the bedding collection I chose. Look at those cute little birds. I love it! A big thank you to Mrs. Denise, Erin, and Kels!
Big project: I was dying to have a built in book case in here. There was a nook in the wall and I always thought it would be perfect for a built in book case for our future nursery. Thanks to my dad for all of his hard work and determination (and B's help on the side) for helping create this vision of mine. I am so happy with the way it turned out! It really completes the look of the nursery.
The book: This is my book from when I was little. I was OBSESSED with it and was constantly checking it out from the library at my elementary school. My mom finally just bought it.
The boots: Brantley's Nanny (Sue) sent me these. They were Brantley's mom's when she was a little girl. Priceless.
The frame: This was a gift from Mrs. Denise. It was the first frame I put a picture of Ainsley in for our house when she was still in the NICU. It says Dedicated to the Lord. It holds one of my most favorite pictures that will always be so special to me. (If you can't tell it's Ainsley in the NICU with B's and my hands on her.)

The album: My mom put together a picture album for me to keep in my room while I was in the hospital. It was so wonderful to have so I could look at pictures of our baby girl when I couldn't be with her. (The picture in the frame is one of Ainsley's newborn pics.)
The doll: This is a Bla-Bla doll. They also have ones that are animals. They are so soft and squishy. My mom got this for Ainsley probably a month or so before she was born. She wanted to give her her first doll. We realized later that the doll's name is April which we found funny since Ainsley ended up being born in April!
The bouquet: This was the bouquet I carried in Michael and Emily's wedding. So special.
The box: This box belonged to my great-great-great grandmother. It is made of real silver and cost thousands of dollars if sold today. I was so glad she left it for me because it looks so great in Ainsley's nursery since I was going for an antique look....okay....I'm totally kidding. This box actually came from one of my favorite stores. That's right. Marshall's. And I think I got it on sale for like $10.00. I knew it would be perfect in her room. Inside is her baby bracelet (from Lili- my mom) and her baby ring (from Aunt Terri). It was a great purchase!
The books: This is the where most of her books are for now. I'm sure we will collect many more over the next couple of years! (Also, in case you were wondering, I haven't put a picture in that frame yet. Don't worry that's not me with blonde hair.)
The frame: Brantley's Aunt Rachelle (Patty's sister) made Ainsley this frame to match her nursery. It matches so well!
The book: Ainsley gave this book to daddy for Father's Day. It's so cute!
The pig: Michael and Emily painted this ceramic piggy bank for Ainsley to collect all her money (or I guess our money) to go on a fun adventure someday. For those of you who don't know my brother and sis-in-law, this is the perfect gift coming from them. They did such a great job!
The end table: Brantley and I used this to practice our awesome refinishing techniques before taking on the bigger task of refinishing the dresser. And if you can't tell, it's still only 3/4's of the way done. Although Brantley brings up at least once a week that we need to finish it, I just tell him I'm sure we will get to it someday. Now we've got more important things to take care of, for instance, a baby! Haha. (Notice the materials in the basket just waiting to be used to finish the table. Don't worry guys. Hopefully by the time Ainsley starts to get around, the table will be complete and the dangerous toxic substances and sharp tools will be safely locked away.)
The dreadful, time-consuming dresser: I don't know if you remember my ranting and raving over this thing, but it finally got done and turned out pretty good! This was my grandparents dresser, then my parents, then mine, and now mine and Brantley's. If I remember right it's somewhere between 50 and 60 years old. It's exactly what I needed in here in terms of storage and a changing table. I can now say it was worth the many hours of hard labor :)
The diaper stacker: The 2nd of my 2 favorite pieces of the bedding collection. So cute and girly!
All together now...
Closet FULL of clothes. Not to mention there's more in her dresser!
The only wall decor (so far): This was a gift from B's Aunt Colleen (Patty's other sister). All 3 of the sisters are so crafty! I love this and it matches everything so well.
In case you forgot about a certain precious little girl asleep in her crib...
She decided to wake up...
and take a look around.
She must have known I was finished taking pictures!









2 comments:

  1. I love, love, love her nursery! It is perfect for her and looks so great. Thanks for giving details on all her little things. You have some really special stuff! Good job putting it all together so well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you let the world see this - it's too cute! Camden's nursery is coming along, but not quite there yet. Also, I meant to tell you that my mom has been reading your blog, too, and she absolutely loved that picture of your hand and Brantley's hand on Ainsley while she was in the NICU! I'm glad to see it was one of your favorites, too. Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete