Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Happy 4th and Happy Birthday!

We had such a wonderful time with family this past weekend. We only get together with this side of extended family (my mom's side) twice a year, on the 4th of July and Thanksgiving. Since getting married we see them maybe once a year because of switching up where we go for the holidays. They really wanted to throw us a baby shower because we had not gotten together since Ainsley was born. It was so nice and thoughtful! I remember almost 6 years ago when they threw us a little wedding shower at my parent's house, in Germantown, when we all got together for Thanksgiving. I knew that Ainsley would not be put down from the second we got there to the second we left and I was right. She was given a lot of attention and everyone was so excited to finally get to see her! It was a fun relaxing day.

This was as close to red, white, and blue as I could find that was cute for her to wear. Of course the fact that I didn't start looking for something until the day before didn't help. But I loved this little outfit from Gap and I have already had her wear it again this week!

My cousin was so anxious to see Ainsley for the first time. She waited by the door until we got there so she could get to her first!

Mimi loves her great-grandaughter. She could sit and hold her all day!

Our sweet baby shower

A little gold locket necklace for Baby A to wear someday

I love this book

Mom's side of the family (minus a few who couldn't be there)

Family of 3

Sweet baby girl
(Of course she was in a different outfit by that afternoon. And lets just say it wasn't because I wanted her to wear this one too.)

Tuesday was my birthday. Yes, my parent's gift was wonderful (money for new jeans and an afternoon with mom touring the Belle Meade Mansion and lunch, at Belle's Restaurant, at the mansion)...


Don't I look precious!?!


Me, Ainsley, and Mom in front of the barn

Yes, Brantley's gift was pretty amazing as well (a new Coach diaper bag!)...


But I must say Ainsley gave me the BEST gift of all...


She must have known it was Mommy's birthday the next day because for the FIRST time she slept through the whole night! I got 8 straight hours of sleep! We were so surprised. And to top it off she was in such a good mood when I went to get her out of her crib. She is usually screaming by the time I lay her on the changing table to change her diaper because she is so ready to eat. She did not cry at all. Even when I sat in the glider to feed her I was talking to her and she started smiling over and over again at me. I had Brantley rush to the nursery because he's never seen her do this. She has smiled at me 2 times before in the past few weeks (ya know, those smiles that you can't really tell if it's on purpose or not). But these smiles were definitely intentional. When I told Brantley before about the other times she had smiled he didn't believe me. So now he was able to see it for himself. We were so excited! What a wonderful way to start off my birthday. Ainsley is such a joy and I couldn't have asked for a better birthday from everyone! Thank you Brantley, Ainsley, Mom and Dad!

***Sleeping update from last night. Ainsley didn't quite make it through the whole night last night, but only woke up around 4:45 a.m. giving me a 6 hour stretch of sleep. Then didn't wake up again until 8:45. So not too shabby. And she also went back to the usual screaming like crazy when I changed her as if I was starving her. 2 words: drama queen. We were hoping maybe 2 nights ago was the start of something new and it would continue. But we'll see. At least it's not every 3 hours like it has been up to this point! So I'm definitely not going to complain.




No comments:

Post a Comment