Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, August 9, 2010

4 months and a little, I mean a lot, of catching up to do!

I feel like it has been forever since I have put up a new post! Considering the last one was Ainsley's 3 month post and this is her 4 month post that tells you something...we have been busy!

I finally had my church shower! Yes, 3 months after Ainsley was born I had her baby shower. It was actually scheduled for April 18th, the weekend after Ainsley was born, but considering we were both still in the hospital we couldn't quite make it. It was strange to have her at her own baby shower, but it was also great because most people had not seen/met her yet. Everything turned out so nice. I really didn't know what to expect because Brantley and I have only been members at our church for a year and pretty much only know the people in our small group, so far. I really enjoyed getting to meet people and now have names to put with faces. A big thanks to the girls in our small group who made it all happen and Jenny who headed it all up. Everything turned out so wonderfully!

Work is work. I was just telling Brantley that it was hard leaving Ainsley my first day back to work, but it's only gotten harder and harder. The older she gets and the more interactive she is makes me want to be at home and enjoy her! I sometimes tell her when I drop her off at my mom's that she needs to cry or be asleep so that it's easy to leave. But most of the time she is smiley as can be and I have to tear myself away to not be late to work. I know it will only continue to get harder for me and as she becomes more aware it may become harder for her. Hopefully not though because she loves playing at Lili's house and gets A LOT of attention!

Other than that we have done "nothing". And by "nothing" I mean we are busy, but not fun going places busy. Cleaning the house, catching up on much needed rest, running errands, taking care of a baby busy. "Nothing" exciting.

Our baby girl turned 4 months old yesterday (Saturday, 14th)! This brings her gestation age to 2 months and 2 weeks. But we don't think of her as that around here. She is growing like a weed. This is such a fun age because there has been so much change and she is so alert and interactive, yet she is still a baby-baby! At "4 months" Ainsley is: tracking, holding her head up, SMILING like crazy, very interested in her surroundings, loves going public places (restaurants, the mall, etc.) and being in her stroller, her paci, enjoys hearing her high pitch squealing voice (and we love to hear her high pitch squealing voice), her play mat, toys that rattle or are colorful, being wrapped up in a blanket and held close, she held on to a chewing ring for the first time today, does not like to be burped after she eats (too bad), is now wearing Size 1 diapers, seems to enjoy being in her nursery more than anywhere else in the house, takes cat naps during the day (one 45 minute nap and then 15 to 20 minute naps the rest of the day), but fortunately sleeps 8 to 10 hours every night, and last but not least she wants to be held ALL OF THE TIME. I do not know if this is because of us, but it's hard to get anything done at night (and for my mom during the day) because she doesn't last long playing by herself and wants to be held. Baby Bijorn Is. My. Friend. I'm sure I will come up with other things about our little one after I have put this post up, but I will fill you in at 5 months the things I missed. We could not be happier to have Ainsley in our lives. It has only been 4 months, but I can honestly say it's hard to remember life before her and it feels like it's been forever since our whole hospital experience having her.

Church Shower Pics



I LOVED the (strawberry) cake! Not only was it ADORABLE it was so yummy!


Sitting with "Lolli" just taking it all in!
(This was my dress from when I was a baby.)

The wonderful hostesses got us our exersaucer. This was such a treat because I know before we know it we will be using it all of the time!

Hostess Shot



Now for Ainsley's 4 month photo shoot with Mommy...drumroll please...

This one is for my Dad's side of the family. I figure they'd appreciate it!


The next one cracks me up because it makes her seem like such a big girl!


This one is for cousin Amanda who gave Ainsley this too-cute-tutu (as well as the hair accessories)!






On the way to Lili's house for the day

We love the puppy dog! I try to get her to hold on to the ear because she has started really clinging on to blankets and our shirts when we hold her. I thought this was sweet and that puppy dog is so soft.

Happy girl at Lili's house



1 comment:

  1. Ainsley is soooooo precious! I wish we could see her/y'all soon! We are going to be in Nashville Labor Day weekend but I hear y'all will be in Texas. She has grown so much!!! :)

    ReplyDelete