Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Dr. Visit and 26/27 Weeks

I never did a 26 week post...surprise surprise. But I really didn't have that much to say! I had a doctor's appointment this past Wednesday, so I figure I'd wait to share about that. I did the "dreaded" glucose test at this last visit. And honestly it really wasn't that bad. Luckily, they had the orange and fruit punch flavors of drinks to choose from and I heard recently the fruit punch is better so that's what I went with. And it really wasn't all that bad. The worst parts were having to drink it pretty quickly and then have my blood drawn. I made Brantley go to hold my hand! What I didn't know is that you don't get the results back right away. I was expecting to know before I left if I have Gestational Diabetes or not. They told me I should hear something by Friday, but that no phone call is good news. And fortunately I never received a phone call so I guess I'm in the clear. Other than that my blood pressure is good, Ainsley's heart rate was between 150-155, and I've gained a total of 13 pounds (7 lbs. since my last appointment four weeks ago). I'm now really starting to feel the baby weight take over! Everything is looking great. I'm fortunate to have had a really easy going pregnancy thus far which makes me nervous of what's to come. Also in the past couple of weeks I've been feeling Ainsley move more (still mostly at night) and I've even been seeing her move some. Weird but wonderful all at the same time. When it starts happening I just want to sit there and stare at my stomach not knowing when it will happen again. But it's just so amazing! In other (still baby related news) we FINALLY got started on the nursery this weekend. I was so excited because I have been creating images in my mind of how I want it to look for a while now and it is finally on it's way. This weekend Brantley and I refinished an end table that is going to go next to the glider. Also our crib came in so we went to pick that up. Next weekend we will paint the room (well my dad is going to help out with that because he is an "expert painter") and start refinishing a dresser that we will use as the changing table. I will update you with pics of the nursery once I feel most of it is complete. I would rather wait until you can see the final product!

26 Weeks

27 Weeks

2 comments:

  1. Looking super cute as always! Glad things are starting to get going on your nursery... such a fun thing to work on! Also congrats on passing your glucose test! Guess our night before brain-storming helped- or it could just be that you are doing a great job taking care of your sweet girl. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adj you are so cute! I wish I could see you in person! In your last picture, she looks so low. Much more than the 26 week. Isn't it funny how different our bellies look from week to week! Can't wait to see the nursery. I know with your decorator sense, it will be beautiful. And frankly with all these boys we are having, I'm ready to see some girly stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete