It's another snowy day here in Nashville. I wasn't really expecting it to turn into anything when I went to bed last night. But I was pleasantly surprised when I woke up, looked out the window, checked my email, and saw in the subject line from the school director: We will be closed today. It has been nice to have another day to recoup from wedding weekend (which I will update you with later).
Onto the title of this post:
Well, Brantley and I have pretty much decided on a name for our precious baby girl! As I have been telling A LOT of people this past week, "We are 99.9999999% sure." Haha. It's been hard not to tell anyone who has asked because we weren't necessarily keeping it a secret, but I also wasn't out there just "telling the world" either. You see, I get extremely nervous making something so permanent, well, so permanent. But we have been using this name ever since we found out we are having a girl back in December and it's pretty much stuck. So ladies (and any of you gentlemen that happen to be reading this) the name we have chosen for our daughter is...
~Ainsley Sue Pearce~
Questions we have been getting when telling people this name.
Well, for those who have never heard the name "Ainsley" before they tend repeat it back to make sure they understand what we are saying! Haha. It's okay. When we put this name on our list 6 months ago, or so, I kinda thought it was a tad bit difficult to pronounce. But now I don't think twice about it and it just seems right.
Where did we get the name "Ainsley" from?
Believe it or not, this was the only one Brantley came up with that I actually really liked and we added it to our short list of names. He got it from one of his favorite television shows (one I don't care anything about). He really liked the name and asked me what I thought. I know of one other "Ainsley" and a few people I have told have also known of someone with this name. We wanted something that sounded traditional but was uncommon and this seemed to fit. We also think it flows better with the middle name we had already chosen. I felt when putting these two names together it made it sound somewhat southern and girly compared to our other choices of names and I really liked this. So, this is the name we chose to start calling baby girl and it has stuck!
*Take note that she is NOT being named after someone from a t.v. show. Brantley just heard the name when watching it and really liked it and asked me what I thought.
What about the middle name?
This was a given to Brantley and me. We always said if we have a girl we will use the name "Sue" in some way. For those of you who do not know, Brantley's mom passed away when he was 9 years old. Fortunately, over the years, he has been able to keep a good close relationship with her side of the family who lives out in West Texas. And because of that I have also been able to get to know them over the last 8 years we have been together. They hold such a special place in our hearts. So we decided to use "Sue" as her middle name in honor of both Brantley's mother, "Suzan", and his grandmother (Suzan's mom), "Sue". I was so happy to be able to give our little girl a name that is so special and meaningful. It's just perfect!
So, there you have it! We are so excited to meet this little girl of ours. Now that wedding weekend has come to an end, we are going to start focusing on getting what we need done around here to prepare for Ainsley. I've already gotten the crib bedding, but am waiting until I get a lot more done to post pics of all of it as it comes together. I have pretty much planned out the next 15 weekends (assuming she gives us 15 more weeks) to make sure everything gets done. But I am looking forward to all of it! As I'm finishing up this post I am feeling her start to squirm around. I love feeling her move more now and it's just going to become even more often in the coming weeks! So far this is definitely the most wonderful part of pregnancy. Hope everyone had a Happy Valentine's Day!
25 Weeks

25 Weeks



Yay for Ainsley! I'm excited that we will get to pass our "A" outfits along to the little peanut! :)
ReplyDeleteSuch a sweet name & with such a special meaning! Good job guys! Loved seeing you this weekend. Need to again soon with less busy-ness and more hangout time! Love ya!
ReplyDeleteAdrienne that is a beautiful name! I can't wait to meet her!
ReplyDelete