I went to the doctor today. Dr. Walters told Mommy and Daddy that I was doing great!
It was a really good visit...
Until they did this...
So now I'm doing this...
We took Ainsley Sue for her 2 month check up this morning. It was at 8:45. I'm normally not alive at 8:45, but when I made the appointment a month ago there wasn't really much of a choice. (So please ignore how I look in the picture above!) We could not wait to see how much our baby girl has grown. The doctor said she looks great and not to change anything that we are doing. It was nice to get A LOT of questions answered. Going a month or two between appointments can stir up many questions. But all of them were answered and I felt reassured about how Brantley and I are doing as parents. I wasn't sure how I would handle Ainsley's first shots. Let me rephrase that. I wasn't sure how I would handle her first 5 SHOTS! The nurse walked in with a tray full of shots and I immediately said, "Are those all for her!?" I then got a little worried. I was making it okay until that first needle went into Ainsley's leg and she let out the biggest scream/cry ever! I immediately teared up. It's the most terrible feeling to see your baby in pain. The nurse just told us to talk to her so we had our hands on her and were talking to her the whole time, but it was so hard. The nurse did all 5 shots in a row as quickly as possible. 3 in one leg and 2 in the other. She kept saying how small/skinny Ainsley's legs are and that she doesn't think she's ever given shots to a baby this small. With no meat on her long legs for cushion I'm sure it hurt. Since we got home she has slept the entire day except for the 2 times she has eaten. But even while she was eating she would start to cry, which she never does. To end this post I will leave you with Ainsley's 2 month stats and what seems to have become my phrase of the day: "Poor baby."
June 18th Two Month Stats:
Head Circumference- 14 1/2 (10th percentile)
Height- 21 3/8 in (10th percentile)
Weight- a whopping 7 lb 11 oz (less that the 3rd percentile)
With weight she still isn't even "on the charts" yet. But to us we now have a 7 pounder in the house! Whoo Hoo!




She is just the tiniest, sweetest thing ever!
ReplyDelete