This past weekend, one of my best friends growing up got married! It was a long time coming. They only dated for 10 1/2 years! Kara and Vik began dating our sophomore year of high school. I've known Vik since Kindergarten and Kara even longer than that. When I found out their wedding date, back in the fall, I was so worried I was not going to be able to make it to the wedding because my due date was May 29th and the wedding was June 19th. But Ainsley helped out a little by arriving early, so we were all able to go! It was nice getting to go "home" to Memphis and see people I haven't seen in a while and show off Ainsley. It can sometimes be overwhelming to see so many Memphian friends at one time because we do not go back very often. But none the less, it was a great time. It was Ainsley's first road trip. Even though it's just a 3 hour drive, it was a good practice round for us in terms of stopping for feedings and just seeing how she takes the longer car rides and being in her car seat for longer periods of time. Overall, she did extremely well! Also, my friend Morgan was FINALLY able to meet Ainsley. I was really excited that she and her husband were there. After staying at the reception for a little while we headed to Huey's to get dinner with Brandon and Morgan and catch up on life. This was not planned so it was a nice treat to end the day.
Beautiful Ceremony
Beautiful Bride
Morgan, Me, and Baby A
Our Cute Little Family
Our Little Trooper
(Check out those long skinny legs!)



Love this post!! So glad y'all were able to be there!
ReplyDelete