Today was Ainsley's 6 month check-up with Dr. Walters. It went really well! But we were both a bit sad when she had to get those dreaded shots! I went ahead, with some hesitation, and got her flu shot. I was a little apprehensive about it because they say the child has to be at least 6 months old and she just turned 6 months. It's not mandatory, but our pediatrician kept saying (with emphasis) that it is something he would highly recommend. And I trust his opinion, so we went ahead with it. But poor baby ran a little fever that evening and was PITIFUL! I never imagined how awful it would feel when you can tell your baby doesn't feel well. I would have done anything to make her feel better, but obviously besides some tylenol and lovin', there's not much you can do. I will spare you the rest of the details and leave you with her stats. Overall, we have a healthy beautiful baby girl and she is developmentally on track and doing great!
At 6 and 1/2 months:
Weight- 15 pounds 2.5 ounces (25th percentile)
Height- 26 and 1/2 inches (65th percentile)
HC- 17 and 1/2 " (90th percentile! Haha.)
Waiting to be called back to see the doc. Can you tell she's excited? (Really she had just woken up from falling asleep in the car.)
2 shots on each leg :(



No comments:
Post a Comment