Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Gobble Gobble


Every year for Thanksgiving, we travel to Henderson to get together with my Mom's side of the family. This includes all extended family. So it's a house-full! But it's nice because we only see this family once, maybe twice, a year. This year was our turn to stay here and we will be going to Texas for Christmas. We had a great time being with family, catching up, and eating too much yummy food! Here was our day in pictures...

Just before heading to Henderson. We get this look from her a lot! I think it's because she gets tired of the camera. (Or she was just tired in general. We planned it so we could leave right at her morning nap time.)

I love this picture of them. My dad (Pop) can't get enough of his granddaughter!

Getting some lap time with (Great) Mimi

Look at my cutie! I could just eat her up!



Ainsley and Tatum

Fun, Family, and Food

The last of the turkey cookies I made. I won't be doing that again! It was a mess and somewhat time consuming. But people ate them up!

Although Ainsley couldn't enjoy the turkey cookies this year, I didn't want to leave her out, so she got to eat sweet potatoes and turkey like the rest of us. (YUCK!) I wasn't sure how she'd do. I've only given her a meat one other time and it was Apples and Chicken which she actually really liked. Well, she ate this stuff right up too. She loves her some baby food!



We also do a gift exchange as our way of celebrating Christmas with this family. We draw names for the kids and then the adults bring a man and a woman gift. Emily was designated "Santa Clause" which was funny because this was her first Thanksgiving with us and she didn't know most of the kids names. But she was a good sport and Michael jumped in to help. I just love watching little kids open gifts!

At least someone got a good nap with a full belly...

Taking in all of the excitement (can't you tell?).

Ainsley's first Christmas gifts ever! She loves magazines and crinkling the paper, so I figure at Christmas she will like the wrapping paper as well. I got her to pull the tissue paper out of a couple of the gift bags.






We also do a hay ride every year. It had been raining off and on all day, but luckily for the kids we caught a break just before a big storm rolled in.

Daddy and Ainsley about to go on the hay ride.


After about a minute, Ainsley could have cared less about the trees, the water, the huge pot holes, etc. All she did was chew on her paci clip the entire time.


Right after the hay ride with Uncle Michael and Aunt Emily and Ainsley is still chewing on her paci clip.

Me, Rebecca, and Emily






No comments:

Post a Comment