Ainsley turned 8 months old today. I cannot believe it! She is so much fun, but can be a handful. Literally. She wants to be held ALL. OF. THE. TIME. She does okay playing in the floor, if you are down there playing with her. But if I put her down and walk around the counter where she can't see me (but I can see her), she throws a fit. So we have been using the Baby Bjorn a lot these days. What a great invention. Ainsley is a delight. The love of our lives. Our pride and joy. The best blessing from God given to Brantley and me. We love her more and more with each and every day.
At 8 months, Ainsley:
*is sitting up all on her own
*reaching for EVERYTHING in sight, including my dad's green bean off of his plate at Pei Wei (she's lightning fast, but wasn't a fan of the tast!)
*very much an observer (my mom and I were just talking today about how she definitely has my personality right now)
*is nowhere near crawling yet. She hates to be on her stomach and would much rather stand than sit. We joke that she is going to walk before she ever crawls.
*is very attached to her momma
*loves her baby food and LOVES crackers and Mum-Mums
*eats cereal in the morning and a stage 2 veggie and fruit for lunch and dinner
*wears size 2 diapers
*in size 6-9 month clothing, but depends on the brand (for example, Baby Gap can still wear 3/6 months, but Polo wears 9 months)
*still loves her feet
*working on getting her to say "momma". All I get is a big ole smile when I tell her to say it. Oh well. Someday.
*loves her blankets. She will hold onto them and rub her face with them when she is sleepy
*gets a big smile on her face when daddy gets home and walks over to talk to her
*is a paci girl
*is just beginning to be able to wear small bows in her hair without the use of a headband (she's gonna have dark thick hair like the both of us).
*sleeping 10 to 12 hours a night consistently. A couple of times in the last week she slept 13 hours! She goes to bed between 7:30-8:00 every night. On weekdays she is up at 7:00 to eat and, here recently, on the weekends will get up anytime between 7:00 to 9:00. However, I'd say 2 to 3 times a week she still wakes up during the night crying. We are working on that...
I think that about wraps it up. Here are her 8 month photos, which we took yesterday on our wonderful "Snow Day" at home! Speaking of "Snow Day", don't miss my other new post below this one!
Getting so big!





Giggly girl!



Gosh! I need to come hold that sweet baby girl of yours! She is SO BEAUTIFUL I could just kiss all over her!! No more sugar for you mama! Really...she is a doll!
ReplyDelete