We have slowly, but surely been getting our house looking like it's Christmas. It was so fun to have Ainsley around this year to watch us. But honestly we did most of our decorating during nap times. I love this time of year. Fall is my favorite season, but when Thanksgiving is over I feel like it's Christmas time. To me all of December is Christmas! We hope you and your families have a wonderful holiday!
Ainsley was happy to be putting up our Christmas tree!

Half way there...




Bella checking things out.

Mommy helps Ainsley add her first Christmas ornament to the tree. I think she likes it!
(The back side)

All together now
Brantley's Nanny paints. She paints a lot of wood pieces/furniture and this is one she gave to us just before Brantley and I got married. It is beautiful and was the perfect storage space for our ornaments and the bows I made last Christmas. It definitely adds a nice touch to our living room right now!


The Mickey Mouse stocking was Brantley's first stocking as a baby and is now Ainsley's first stocking. My goal next year is to have all matching stockings, but I felt that this was important and special for her to use this year.
I wanted A's presents to be girly and different from every one else's. Here are most of her gifts wrapped and ready to be opened. I still have a couple more to wrap, but I felt like the tree was really bare underneath, so I did as much as I could at the time. The paper is pink with poodles, ornaments, and "Merry Christmas" on it. What I learned during the wrapping process is that baby toys are very hard to wrap! The packages are so oddly shaped.
"Good morning!"
(Taken just before heading to church this morning.)
We were running late for church (because someone was too busy taking the picture you see above), so we get Ainsley in her car seat put a blanket on her and rushed out the door. We had no idea when we opened the door we would see a pretty heavy snowfall! So of course I made us even more late because a certain someone ran back in to grab the camera to snap this picture while a certain someone else was saying, "Hurry we need to go". I didn't want to miss Ainsley's first snow! Although it didn't stick, it snowed all morning and was so pretty to look at on our way to church. (Don't worry I put a hat and coat on Ainsley before I got her out of the car and carried her into church.)




No comments:
Post a Comment