It's been a while, but I finally got around to sitting down and putting up Ainsley's 11 (and almost a half) month post! I'm going to keep this short because there's not much I can say except that we love Ainsley more than anything in the world and are so thankful God granted us with such a wonderful child. She is such a joy and I'm so thankful that I am able to be at home with her and spend so much time with her. I worked every day for my co-teacher this past week because she was on vacation. By Friday I thought," I don't know how I used to do this." I know I am extremely fortunate. But I'll admit the two things that kept crossing my mind last week were: I MISS Ainsley, followed by, I could be getting so much done at home! Haha. The two perks of staying at home. It did, however, make me realize how much I missed being with Ainsley and how little I actually got to spend good time with her when I was working full time (which was just a few hours a day before it was time for her to go to bed). And those evening hours are not always the best ones for a baby's mood either! All of this to say I am thankful so much for my baby girl and getting to be at home with her. I've only gotten emotional once so far thinking that she is about to celebrate her first birthday. Tears of joy that I have a healthy, beautiful almost one year old, along with tears of "where did the time go?" I am trying to cherish every second and absorb the special moments, like rocking her to sleep at night, because before I know it I won't get to have those special "baby" times with her anymore. I said I was going to keep this short and ended up rambling! So here are Ainsley's 11 month pics and updates.
At 11 months, you are:
-saying the sounds/words: Mama, Dadda, Bye-Bye (and waving), Yay, and will bounce when we say, "bouncy-bounce",
-mimicking things, such as coughing, spitting, ya know the things we shouldn't encourage but do because it's entertaining (at least at 11 months old it is...)
-still loving to be held! You will rest your arm on our shoulder when we are holding you and this past week you have started patting us on the back/shoulder every time we carry you around.
-eating more table foods. You love chicken, mac-and-cheese, bread, American cheese, pasta, cereal bars, yogurt, mashed potatoes, grilled cheese, turkey, and ham. We have tried giving you green beans, peas, carrots, avacado, pears, peaches, grapes, banana...you get the idea. However you will eat any baby food and love your cereal in the morning. So you usually end up getting a baby food fruit and veggie for lunch and dinner along with a meat, cheese, and or bread. But we will keep trying the real fruits and veggies until you get it! :)
-not interested at all in taking a sippy cup! I introduced a sippy cup to you around 8 months, but you pucker your lips and turn your head if we try to get you to take it. If we are lucky you will take one sip and then act like you're grossed out. Little do you know how good water and juice is! Another thing to keep trying over, and over, and over...
-taking 3 bottles a day: just before morning nap, after afternoon nap, and before going to bed at night. You have had whole milk a couple of times. The first time you took 5 ounces right away. I waited a few days to try it again and you didn't want it. You drank about an ounce and then threw it up. So we are waiting a little longer on that.
-taking 2 naps a day pretty consistently. One in the morning around 9:30/10:00 for 1.5 to 2 hours. And one in the afternoon around 2:00/2:30 for 1.5 to 2.5 hours.
-such a good sleeper! You go to bed around 7:30 (sometimes a little later depending on what is going on) and sleep 11 to 12 hours EVERY night. "Knock on wood."
-FINALLY cutting teeth. Your first one, being the top right, started to come through around a week to a week and a half ago. Lili and I checked yesterday (because you were being extra fussy) and your top left one has also started to come through. So we are going to have a little bunny rabbit here soon because the bottom still looks clear. Haha.
-not showing any interest in crawling, but LOVE to stand either holding on to our fingers or at her play table, etc. You seem to always be satisfied playing right where you are.
-such a good, happy, easy-going baby and we love you more than you will every know!
~Ainsley's 11 Month Photoshoot~
LOVE those chunky legs!
After about 2 minutes she apparently had had enough...




No comments:
Post a Comment