Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, March 21, 2011

So, I gave in...

What Moms and Dads do best: give in. What can I say? Ainsley is just too cute and her little fits are sometimes just too pitiful!

I am really trying to get Ainsley to start eating fruit and veggies. So we just have to keep introducing it as much as possible. I had this idea to try something different. She will not eat peaches, pears, grapes, or bananas. I thought maybe some of them it was because it's slippery and the color is so bland. So, when I went to the store today I bought strawberries and raspberries thinking the red color and texture would be better. I put her in her high chair for dinner. Her menu for tonight: green beans, strawberries/raspberries, and spaghetti. I knew she'd go right for the pasta, so I only gave her the fruit and veggie to begin with. She actually tried (with some persuasion) the raspberries and ate a few while I finished getting the pasta ready. What happened right when I walked over and laid both of our plates consisting of spaghetti on the kitchen table? That cute, sweet girl decided to throw a fit because she wanted the pasta. I tried waiting as long as I could to give it to her and get her to eat some of the other stuff first. That only lasted a minute before I caved. Onto her tray the spaghetti went and immediately into her mouth. I was so entertained I ended up taking pictures most of dinner and ended up with cold spaghetti. I'm sure glad she enjoyed it because boy did she leave me a mess to clean up! Straight to the bath tub she went. I'm going to have to start doing better about not giving in, but it's just too hard to say "no" to this precious little face...













*Don't worry. She still had green beans and bananas (baby food). So she didn't get out of it completely :)
**Also, if you haven't seen Ainsley's 11 Month post below don't miss it!

No comments:

Post a Comment