Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The Poll is Open! (16 Week Update)

So much to post about and so little energy...story of my life this week! Hopefully in the next couple of days I will get around to posting the other two updates I have been wanting to with my Christmas decorations and this past weekend with my family. On to the post you are currently reading! I had my 16 week appointment last week and things look great! I took my mom with me and let Brantley sit out on this visit. The doctor informed us at the previous one it would last like 10-15 minutes. So I figured my mom would really enjoy tagging along and hearing her grandchild's heartbeat. It's always so wonderful to hear that little pitter-patter of a sound! My doctor said the heartrate was in the upper 150's. He let me watch the doppler and I saw that it fluctuated between 156 to 162. Also I have lost 4 pounds since my first visit at 8 weeks. I thought that was weird but the nurse said that's normal b/c your metabolism changes during early pregnancy along with your eating habits. This is true considering I barely ate anything during my first 13 weeks b/c nothing sounded good and I had the flu! I just wasn't expecting to have lost weight. I'm sure I'm gaining it now though because I have a much bigger appetite and am getting hungrier all of the time. The really exciting part about my appointment (besides hearing my little one's heartbeat) was getting to schedule my next visit! It's the "BIG" one. I am counting down the days! It is 2 weeks from today (12/30). I am so anxious because I feel like that will make it even more real and I can actually start putting some things together I have been dying to do. So I am now opening the poll for you to vote on what you think our baby is...BOY???...GIRL??? Also, if you have a second after you vote, leave me a comment letting me know what you voted. I would love to see what people are thinking! I have my opinion in mind and will place my vote after a couple of people have voted (so I don't give it away as the first vote)...something I would do because of what Brantley has been calling my baby brain! Like I said, I will hopefully get around to posting those other updates soon. Until then...HAPPY VOTING!

16 Weeks
My Mother-in-Law is a very crafty creative person. She has an awesome craft room at her house where she does all of her work. One of the things she makes is personalized necklaces. She is so good! She cuts the glass, solders (sp?), creates and prints the photo (or whatever she is using for the necklace), etc. Here is a necklace she made and gave me when we were in Dallas a couple of weeks ago. I wear it all of the time! I don't know if you can tell, but the charms are a baby carriage, the May birthstone, and a paci. So cute! She also made the jewelry stand the necklace is hanging on but I didn't think to take a picture of the whole thing b/c I was trying to get a close-up of the necklace. Thanks Patty! I love my necklace!


6 comments:

  1. I voted Baby BOY Pearce!

    That is a beautiful necklace! So creative and unique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I voted for a BOY! Woohoo on the boys! But of course you will be a good mommy either way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apparently I am the only person who thinks that you are going to have a girl! Haha. Either way we will be happy... best friend or girlfriend for Cole! ;) I can't wait to find out for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am definitely thinking it will be a boy! But maybe I am a little partial:) Can't wait to find out!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I voted boy! I LOVE that necklace! Tell her to get on etsy.com and sell those! They would sell like hotcakes. Boy or girl...it doesn't matter it will be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Adrienne, I voted girl...I really have no idea! Hope you're doing great and your pregnancy is going well.

    ReplyDelete