Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, January 29, 2010

21 and 22 Weeks

Well, not much in the news these days except the weather. We are under a Winter Weather Advisory and my school is cancelled. Gotta love it! So I figure I'd take advantage and post this QUICK update. I had my last doctor's appointment this past Wednesday. It was a really quick general check up. Dr. Draughn said that everything from my ultrasound looked great and how it's supposed to be. We were curious because the tech who did the ultrasound said there is a chance if the radiologist that looks at the ultrasounds is unable to see something he needs to that I would be called back in. But fortunately that wasn't the case. Between my first and third appointments (8 weeks to 15 weeks) I had lost 3 pounds from my start weight. So really I've only gained 3 lbs. from my start weight and 6 lbs. total. But man do I feel like it's more than that. I don't understand how I can be growing and have a human inside of me and only gain a few pounds. But I know it will start to catch up with me during this next "phase". We also heard baby girlie's heart beating away loud and proud. Love it! This is actually the first time I didn't even think to ask what her heart rate was. I just laid there and enjoyed it. I guess I'm getting used to the going to the doctor thing and now I know the gender, so I wasn't as curious. But after the fact I wish I had asked just for my own record keeping. Oh well. There's always my next appointment and the many more to follow. I was just glad to hear a good strong heart beat! Also, it was time for the Dr. to bring up that we should start thinking about which hospital we want to deliver at (which we already know) and who we want to use as a pediatrician (which we already have a general idea of...thanks to friends who have already had to go through all of this!). But it was just crazy that we are starting to talk about those details. My next appointment is the dreaded Gestational Diabetes test. Blah! But that just means we are 4 weeks closer to meeting our baby. Below are pics from the past couple of weeks. I'm actually 23 weeks tomorrow, so those will come later (of course). Well, that's really about it. I'm glad I have the day off so I can meet up with my Mom to help her go over all of Michael's/Emily's wedding stuff and make sure everything is coming together and nothing has been overlooked. Only 2 more weeks till the "Big Day". Will have a lot more to post about within the next couple of weeks. Until then...

21 Weeks

22 Weeks

2 comments:

  1. You've only gained 6 pounds!?! Way to go! I've already gained 24 pounds! You will definitely have to share your secret to that! You look so good. You are really popping out there! I love it! I know your Mom is just dying to meet her! Anyways, wanted to congratulate you on doing so well! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look awesome! Awww... I just can't wait to see your cute belly in person! Seriously, you are looking great. Keep taking such good care of that sweet girl! She will be here before you know it! Love ya.

    ReplyDelete