Ainsley went in for her 9 month well-visit today, which also ended up doubling as a sick visit :( As I said in the previous post, we've had a sick baby girl on our hands since Tuesday. I was just glad that I already had this appointment scheduled for today so they could check her out. I had called on Tuesday and they told me a few things to try to make her feel better, but they don't normally have you come in until the child has been running a constant fever for three days. So we have waited it out. The diagnosis: poor baby has RSV. I feel so bad for her, but there's nothing I can do and that's the worst part. Since RSV is a virus there isn't a medicine to give her you just have to let it run its course. The doctor said it will usually last up to 5 days with days 3, 4, and 5 being the worst. Well today is the 4 day and it has definitely been the worst by far. I'm so glad I have these days off now and didn't have to worry about trying to stay home with her. She is very clingy and the most pitiful thing you ever did see. Today has mostly consumed of the 2 "C's": crying and coughing. Along with that she sounds terrible as she's breathing and has a constant runny nose. Let's just hope this is nearing the end because I can't take seeing her like this anymore! This is the first time she has been sick so far. She was also supposed to get 2 shots today, but I opted not to and will take her back next week when she's well. She did get her finger pricked though, so there were extra tears added on top of the tears she had going on already. Besides all of this, the appointment went good though and he said she's doing great! We are about to start a lot of new things with her (table food, sippy cup, etc.), so that will be interesting. I guess that's it for now. Enjoy your weekend and if you haven't seen my other new post below check it out!
Ainsley's stats at 9 months, 3 weeks:
Weight- 19 pounds 1.5 ounces (50% percentile)
Height- 28 1/2 inches (75% percentile)
Head Circumference- 18 3/8 in. (95% percentile)
He said she was doing awesome and he was so happy to see her stats go up like they did. We've got a beautiful growing girl on our hands!
These are from Wednesday. I looked over at her and could not believe how much she has grown! Sometimes there are certain little things that cause you to really notice it.



These are from this morning when we got home from her check-up. She was very intrigued by her red Crayola band-aid on her finger. Of course within seconds it was in her mouth and I had to quickly pull it out. It was the first tim the nurse had to remind me to be careful and remember the band-aid!
Poor baby :(
Update since I wrote the top portion of this post this morning: My arm hurts! Ainsley has had me carry her around ALL DAY. She's okay in the floor for maybe 5 minutes at a time before breaking down. And the three 45 minute naps she's had just hasn't cut it. I'm not used to that. But I've definitely gotten plenty of lovin' and she took a nap with me on the couch (although I didn't sleep). So at least I have all of that going for me :) As a matter of fact she's crying right now. Gotta get going!



Poor, sweet baby! That's just awful. Hang in there!
ReplyDeleteMaddox is sick, too, and it's so pitiful! We took him to the doc last night and they also said there is nothing they can do :( Terrible cough, runny nose, and as of tonight, a fever too! They are so pitiful when they are sick. I hope Ainsley gets better soon! :)
ReplyDelete