Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, February 7, 2011

"Big People Food!"

Ainsley had true table food for the first time today. (I say "true" because she's had the typical things like crackers and pizza crust.) I didn't think she'd go for it because whenever we have tried to get her to eat little pieces of banana she gags. But she actually ate quite a bit and got to enjoy lunch with Mommy! Ainsley's lunch menu today consisted of wheat bread, turkey, shredded cheese, and grapes. There's no doubt she's my daughter because for a while all she wanted to eat was the bread. It was interesting seeing her make a choice in what she wanted to pick up and eat. She knew she wanted the bread, but when I reached down to get a piece of grape to put in her mouth she would turn her head. She finally decided to give everything else a try. Her favorites were the bread and turkey. It was nice to not have to worry about feeding her the baby food so I could eat along with her. It will be easier in a lot of ways here soon when she can just eat whatever we are eating, but I'm going to have to get in the hang of fixing stuff she can eat and figuring out how to save time doing it! For right now we are just starting to transition her over to table food. I thought today seemed like a good afternoon to try it out!

RSV Update: She's definitely on the way to getting better. Less coughing and wheezing (although it's still there) and her nose is continuing to run nonstop. But no fever in a few days :)





No comments:

Post a Comment