Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

My Sweet Valentines

I am going to start with my amazing husband. He truly is the perfect Valentine and is constantly letting me know how much he loves me. Brantley has continued to become an incredible husband and father. We have grown so much together in our years we've been together. He continues to amaze me with his sweet comments and surprises. But more than anything, the best gift he has given me is (obviously) Ainsley. And the next best gift? Watching them interact with each other. I see his love grow for her every day. The excitement on both of their faces when he walks in the door from work. He is the only one that can get her laughing so hard for a long time! Ainsley loves to be "thrown" in the air or held up high like and airplane by her Daddy. This gets her laughing every time. What an awesome gift God has given me. My family. Brantley/Daddy, we love you! Thank you for ALL you do to make sure we are taken care of. You are the best!

Icing on the cake: beautiful roses delivered to me on Monday.
Sprinkles on top of the icing on the cake: a beautiful bracelet that came in a baby blue box....What a surprise!


On to my second Valentine, this precious 10 month old! Ainsley turned 10 months old on Valentine's Day. I love her more and more each day. It has been such a blessing to get to stay at home with her and watch her doing new things. She is becoming more fun and playful. We are really enjoying this age! Happy Valentine's Day, baby. We love you!

At 10 months, Ainsley is:
-rolling around just a little more (finally)
-okay on her tummy for longer amounts of time (finally)
-VERY interested in Bella and her toys. Will grab Bella's toy and hold it up towards her. They have started playing tug-a-war, which lasts a whole 1/2 a second!
-wearing some 9 month and some 12 month clothing
-size 3 diapers
-takes two at least 2 hour naps a day and sleeps 11 to 12 hours every night (usually from 7:30/8:00 to 7:00/8:00, depending on if I'm working that next day or not)
-being introduced to table foods. Not a big fan yet. She will pretty much only eat bread anything and loves yogurt. Have attempted: cheese, watermelon, grapes, pears, peas, carrots and all have failed. I think it's because it's chunks of food and not liquidy. She will gag like she's going to throw up. I'm assuming this is normal.....
-somewhat interested in a sippy cup. I put one on her blanket on the floor around 8 months. She has not once cared about it and would NOT let me put it in her mouth. Finally yesterday I laid her back like I was giving her a bottle and gave it to her. She actually wanted to drink it after that. I guess she just never knew there was something yummy in it! But today she's not really interested in it anymore. Oh well.
-rolling the ball back to us. She loves to sit on the floor and roll the ball back and forth.
-saying, "Yeeeaaahhhh...." when we do. Whenever we clap for her and say this she will continue to say it back. Such a sweet sound!
-started clapping a couple of weeks ago, but is very inconsistent with it. I guess she has to be in the right mood.
-"patting" on things. We will say, "pat, pat, pat" and she will pat the table, high chair, floor, etc.
-starting to recognize her name. Brantley doesn't believe me, but she really does! Unless she's totally distracted in what she's doing or looking at.
-starting Monday into yesterday, whenever my mom or I went to get her from waking up in her crib, she had rolled over and was sleeping on her stomach. I was just surprised because she usually hates to be on her stomach.
-starting to notice what her mouth can do when she puckers her lips and blows! Just this week she has started spitting all of the time. She's a pro, even with her paci in her mouth. We say we aren't setting a very good example because we can get her started if we do it and then we crack up at her.
-LOVES her paci. She has also started this new funny habit. I keep 2 pacifiers in her crib (besides the one she already will have in her mouth), so that if she wakes up at night she can easily/quickly find one. I always keep the 2 extra ones at both sides just above her head and she knows it. Every single time I go to lay her in her crib (even though she ALWAYS already has a paci in her mouth), she will immediately reach back and grab the one that is laying at her left side and just hold it. I guess her pacifiers comfort her? :) She used to grab on to her little blanket and pull it up close to her face. Now, she doesn't really care about that she just wants to hold on to the extra paci!

Well, I guess that about sums it up. Ainsley has been "talking" in her crib for a little while now, so I guess I better go get her. Enjoy the pics of our beautiful girl!

~10 Months~




1 comment:

  1. The older she gets, the more BEAUTIFUL she becomes! SERIOUSLY!!! I need to get my hand on your cutie pie!

    ReplyDelete