I'm back! And as you can tell from the title of this post, I have A LOT to post about from the entire month that I've been a stranger to the blogging world, and therefore decided to make it easier on myself and roll all my posts into one. So here is a much needed update of what's gone on during the month of January with the Pearce family!
~January 1st, 2011~
First and foremost, Brantley and I celebrated 6 wonderful years of marriage at the beginning of the month. I know I will say this every year, but what better way to begin a new year by celebrating you anniversary!? I love it. Each year has brought new challenges and new happiness to our lives. I wouldn't want to experience any of it without him. I am blessed to be married to such a loving, caring, dedicated man and am so thankful that he longs to take care of his family. Each year seems to get better and better and I can't wait to enjoy the years to come with him. Brantley, I love you!
Brantley made us some special anniversary plans: We left Ainsley overnight with my parents. This was her first night away from us thus far. I thought I would be thinking about her non-stop that night and sad that I was not with her to tuck her in to bed. But surprisingly it wasn't like that and I enjoyed our night as just the two of us, which was a much needed, nice, refreshing, relaxing, I could go on and on, time. So we headed to dinner at this place near downtown called "Sam Buca". It was so good! Then we headed downtown to the Hermitage Hotel for the night. This hotel is over the top! It's the only 5 Star hotel in the state. So to say it was nice is an understatement. The next morning we ate brunch at the restaurant at the hotel and as we were leaving there was a wedding going on and they were taking pictures in the lobby. It was such a good time just the two of us and I'm pretty sure Ainsley enjoyed staying with Lili and Pop because she had such a great night helped them out by sleeping through the night!
My cutie-pa-tootie in an adorable outfit from her Aunt Terri

All dressed up and ready to hit the town (kinda)
Cookies anyone? Oh, and please take a look at the weather for tomorrow while your at it.
~Beaver Creek, Colorado~
Brantley, Ainsley, my parents, Michael, Emily, and I left for a little ski trip in Colorado later that week. We had all been looking forward to it because we hadn't been in a while. I was so excited to take Ainsley to the mountains and get her in the snow! Unfortunately, that only happened one time. It was SO COLD. My mom and I skied half days and swapped out watching Ainsley. We had a blast and enjoyed spending some time away together playing games, eating good food, chilling by the fire, and skiing. Although I have gotten to the point where I enjoy just simply being there and could do without the skiing (well, at least when it's 10 degrees or below outside), I cannot wait to go back!
Here is a little taste of what it looks like when flying with a nine month old...
Our little pilot ready to take off! Haha. She loved, loved, loved sitting in this thing.
She was fully standing up inside. She hasn't done this since then, so I guess this little plane had some sort of affect on her.
Before we even took off, we had this lying across both of our laps:
Only time we got her out in the snow and it was only for maybe 10 minutes. Oh well, at least she had a warm cute snowsuit to wear thanks to Lili and Pop!
(That's my brother right over our shoulders. As you can tell, he's a pretty serious skier.)
Lili took her back inside so I could go ski. She had to find the room key, so Ainsley got to chill in the floor for a second. So cute!
Thanks for my tabogan Uncle Michael and Aunt Emily!
Ready to dig in to this scrumptious steak...
At the Village of Beaver Creek
"What are you looking at? Do I have something on my face?"
Group Shot before heading home!
We just had to stop at this pizza place on our way to the airport. It was A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. Seriously the best pizza I have ever eaten.
Delectable.
Playing with Daddy at the airport.

~9 Month photoshoot with Mommy~
I already put up Ainsley's 9 month post, but finally also got around to taking some extra pictures a few days ago. This little dress is definitely more for summer (hence the sail boat), but it was a dress of mine that I wore and am pretty sure it won't be fitting her a few months from now. She didn't last long taking pictures before having a meltdown. So here's what I got:


~Road trip~
This past weekend, we headed to Tupelo, MS. Since Brantley became the PMC Manager, he is having to do a lot of traveling. Part of what he is having to do is go out to all of the office locations and meet with his reps. One of the offices is in Tupelo, which is where my grandparents live. So I asked him to wait until I could tag along! This was Ainsley's first trip to Great-Mimi's and Papa's house. They hadn't seen her since Thanksgiving, so to say they were excited would be an understatement. I also hadn't been to their house in a really long time, so it felt good to be there for a couple of days. On Monday, we left Tupelo and headed to Memphis, where Brantley had to meet with a rep located there and Ainsley got to make a short stop at her other great-grandparents. It couldn't have worked out better and we can't wait to see all of them again!
Playtime with Great-Mimi
(Look at that belly and those chunky legs!)

Hmmm...I wonder if I could get this ball without using my hands....
Mimi's bracelet is very intriguing
Lunch at Chili's after church on Sunday. I've been dying to put this dress on her and what a better time than church with Great-Mimi and Papa in small town Sherman, MS? I LOVE blue on my baby girl!
My cousin Tatum and her little boy, Tripp
Ty (Tatum's hubby)
It was so sweet how smitten he was with Ainsley! However, Ainsley wasn't too sure about him...
Some fun before heading home! That little stinker would not let me get a decent picture of her with the 2 of them. Oh well. What else is new?
On a side note, we've had a pitiful sick little girl in this house the past couple of days. Ainsley started running a fever Tuesday morning and has continued off and on with a fever since then. Add to that lots of congestion, coughing, and a constant runny nose. It's tough seeing your little one sick because you feel helpless. But she has a doctor's appointment tomorrow morning, so we will hear what the doc has to say. Will give you an update when I put up my next post (hopefully this weekend, but don't hold me to that).....





















She is such a doll! She is so pretty in blue! And how cute is she as a little snowbunny?!?! Man I love her! Hope she feels better soon!
ReplyDeleteMimi and I have been looking at the pictures. Erin is right. She is "so pretty in blue." I just talked with your mom and wished her a Happy Birthday. She said you all were on the way out.
ReplyDeleteIt was so good to have you, Ainsley and Brantly down a few days ago. Mimi and I will always cherish your visit. I hope to have many more. Papa