Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, April 29, 2011

Easter

Easter Sunday was, well, interesting. Let's just say I had to remind myself that my bad day was no where near what Jesus went through for us. It all started off pretty smoothly. We ate breakfast, I got ready, then went to get Ainsley ready. The new, beautiful, white, $$$, just monogrammed dress I had been so excited for Ainsley to wear on her first Easter didn't make it very long. As I was putting A's left arm into the dress, she spit up all over the front of it! Orange. Gross. And I about lost it. Brantley had to keep reassuring me that it was going to be okay. Luckily I had another white dress on hand that she had never worn before and still fit! So we went with that one and hurried, I mean HURRIED, off to church getting there 20 minutes late. I was definitely not in a very good mood at this point.

Then came the nursery. Sundays are difficult already because neither of the service times work well with Ainsley getting in her usual morning nap. Well, I guess a lot of people were out of town because there were several people I usually see that I didn't and the nursery was practically empty! I walked in and it was silent. There were 4 adults and only 2 babies, both much younger than Ainsley and being rocked. I thought, "Oh great, this isn't going to go very well." I was right. Brantley walked back down towards the nursery about 15 minutes after we had sat down to check on her. He came back to tell me I needed to go get her because he could hear her crying from the lobby! The nursery workers were not very welcoming or comforting (which is out of the ordinary) and it was awkward even going in there and taking her out. Hopefully this was just a once in a nursery-time situation that won't happen again. She has been doing so good in there lately and usually there are 3 or 4 women working who are so nice! Not to mention several more babies playing happily and loudly on the floor. So off Ainsley went with me to service. Not so fun.

Then came time to go to my parents house for lunch. Ainsley decided to cry most of the time, because she had not had a morning nap and was reaching the point of exhaustion, but I wanted her to eat something before taking a nap. So we all endured a cranky child while trying to eat and chat.

Even worse of us, we snuck in an easter egg hunt thinking she would enjoy being outside. Wrong again. She was happy for about 20 minutes or so. And as soon as we went back inside and I sat down with her in the rocker, she was out! What we make our kids go through for a memory and a few pictures, right?

So that was Ainsley's first Easter in a nutshell! The day did get better and how could it not with this precious face? I just love her to pieces! Here are some pictures to prove that she had her good moments too :) Haha.












Ainsley's special Easter plate and silverware Mom had out for her.





Reaching a breaking point....

Held out for a little bit of play time.
Thanks Lili for my sweet outfit!








Walking outside with Daddy to see her Easter basket and look for eggs!

First Easter basket full of goodies!







"I found one!"






(This is my old Easter basket)

Aunt Emily and Ainsley

Delicious Dessert!

Bella even got a couple of Easter treats!

Poor bunny :(

The Easter Bunny was good to Ainsley. Books, a movie, some toys, and a rubber ducky for the bath tub! Mom and I decorated her basket with a pink and white gingham liner and the trim around the outside. I think it turned out so cute!

Mimi and Pawpaw brought Ainsley's Easter goodies with them and gave them to her before they had to leave. Thank you Mimi and Pawpaw for my cute dress, hat, and shoes!






No comments:

Post a Comment