Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Our 1 Year Old

I know I won't make it through this post without tears. I've just been so emotional about Ainsley turning 1. Not a bad emotional. Not even that she is 1 year old. I think it's more about remembering what all happened a year ago and going back through all of the events in my head. I keep thinking, "At this time last year, I was..." I cannot believe that was a year ago. And after all that happened we have a healthy, chunky, beautiful, blue-eyed girl who is the joy of our lives.

If you are a mom, you will understand when I say, "In some ways when I think about it, it feels like it's been years since our baby was born. But in other ways it feels like just yesterday." As confusing as that is, that is exactly how I'm feeling.

April 10th was a very interesting day. Getting unexpectedly admitted to the hospital at 32 weeks. Those next few days were scary for us, not exactly getting an answer as to what was happening. The sudden onset of high blood pressure, trouble breathing, fluid in my lungs, retaining so much fluid in my body I could hardly move and finally being diagnosed with pre-eclampsia and being told we have to take your baby out right now is all such a clear memory. As bad as all of this seemed to be at the time, something most beautiful came from it all, our Ainsley.

I've said it before and I'll say it a hundred more times, "I would do it all over again in a heartbeat."

Ainsley, I will never forget...
telling your daddy we were pregnant, seeing you on the ultrasound, hearing your sweet heart beat for the first time, feeling and seeing all of your little movements in my tummy, decorating your nursery, being so nervous and hearing, "It's a girl!", buying you your first outfit (from TJ Maxx of course), wondering what you were going to look like, finding out we would be meeting you a lot sooner than we thought, being so worried about how your health and growth would be if you came into this world so early, being rushed back to the operating room and knowing from the second I heard your first cry that it was all worth it, crying tears of joy and feeling so much relief, seeing your face for a split second before they rushed you to the NICU to check you out, getting to go to the NICU with your daddy (48 hours after you arrived) to see you for the first time, getting to be the first to hold you and give you a kiss, being so excited each time I went to see you, watching you progress step by step, giving you a bath, changing your diapers, "kangaroo care", having to leave you at the hospital and feeling so empty, cheering you on as you gained weight, started taking bottles, and moved to an open bed, coming to get you to take you home where you always belong, my first Mother's Day, your first smile, your first laugh, your first roll, learning about you each day, the love you have for your Mommy when you reach for me, hold me finger, and pat my back. There is so much I will always remember from this past year. I look forward to another year of these new precious firsts. (Please just don't let this next year go by so fast!) We love you baby girl. More than you will ever know.

HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY AINSLEY SUE!






At 1 Year you are:
~Enjoy eating: turkey, ham, chicken, pot roast, steak, pork chop, hamburger, cheese, bread, (grilled cheese ;) pizza, spaghetti, ravioli, watermelon, grapes, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, banana, muffins, pancakes, cereal (oatmeal), granola bars, mashed potatoes, rice, crackers, yogurt, applesauce, and I'm sure there's more I'm forgetting, but those are the main things.
~Have attempted: carrots, green beans, peas, avacado, baked beans, pears, peaches, let's just say we are going to keep trying these things and more until you get it!
~Completely transitioned to whole milk and will now take apple juice, but only from bottles. The sippy cup is still a no go, but it'd be nice if you would give in and take it sooner than later.
~Wanting down ALL OF THE TIME to walk around while holding onto our fingers. It won't be long before you won't need our fingers to get around!
~Love your walk around table and will practically run around it for long amounts of time.
~Still a good sleeper at 2 naps a day (morning and afternoon) and 12 hours at night. You usually go to bed between 7:30-8:00.
~Size 3 diapers
~3 bottles a day, but you do not drink much with each that's why you still get 3.
~Overall, happy easy-going girl
~1 tooth on top that is all of the way through, 1 on top that is coming through and both of your middle bottom teeth are peeking through. The bottom 2 came through in the course of 2 days and we never even knew! But it did make sense as to why you were so cranky those couple of days...
~Look around for Bella when we say, "Where is Bella?"
~Say, "Mama" and other general sounds (B's, M's, N's, D's) and talk a whole lot!
~Have started throwing fits if we have to take something away from you (especially our car keys), when I lay you on your changing table, and when we put you in your car seat.

I'm sure there is more, but it's way past my bedtime and this is all I could think of at the moment! Got to go get rested for the next couple of days. Ainsley's birthday party is Saturday and I can't wait to celebrate with family/friends! That will be the next post at some point.....



No comments:

Post a Comment