Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 23, 2011

It's my party, and I'll cry if I want to...


We celebrated Ainsley's first birthday a couple of weekends ago with a little party at my parent's house. I was so excited to have everyone, who could be there, together to celebrate the first year of our baby girl's life. However, Ainsley wasn't so excited and maybe if she had understood that it was all about her that day she wouldn't have acted like a little stinker! Ainsley probably spent a good 50% of the party crying. After a while I just had to laugh about it! I pretty much had to stay out of sight so that other people could enjoy her. If she saw me for a second the tears started. It was a nice party and I loved how everything turned out. At least Ainsley was happy while opening her gifts and the first few minutes of trying to get her to eat her smash cake :) All we could think of is that being around so many people at once stressed her out because when we'd take her out of the room to be alone she was fine. I guess she gets that from me. Oh well. Better luck next year! Hopefully everyone enjoyed spending time with each other as much as I did!

I worked half a day on Thursday, Ainsley's birthday, so she got to wear her special birthday dress to my parents house that morning. My mom had given it to me at one of my baby showers last year. They also had a treat waiting for Ainsley when we got there. I had done so good that morning holding in my tears, but my parents made it impossible when I walked into the kitchen and they had her high chair all decorated, along with a gift, cookie, and sign on it.

(About to eat breakfast and then head to Lili and Pop's for the morning. And unfortunately the pictures from that morning are on my Mom's camera.)

Pawpaw and Mimi flew in the afternoon of Ainsley's birthday (4/14). We were so excited to see them, since it had been since Christmas. We grilled out burgers for dinner and ate outside since it was such a beautiful day! (Also, it was Pawpaw's/Kenneth's birthday the next day!)


First time Ainsley has had a burger. And she loved it!

Hmmm...

After dinner, we met my parents for dessert at a yummy frozen yogurt place, Sweet Cece's.


Mimi and Ainsley

"Where's your toungue?"


Everyone had to take turns walking around with A because she would not sit still!





Getting a little play time in with Mimi and Pawpaw just before going to bed.

Saturday was party day! My parents grilled out for everyone (chicken, green beans, mashed potatoes, frozen strawberry salad, fruit tea...yum!)

Here is Ainsley's birthday banner and other decorations! The theme was simply "Spring".





The book on the middle of the table is titled, "It's My Birthday". I had bought it a few weeks earlier because I thought it was such a cute book! I ended up setting it out for everyone to write a little message inside to Ainsley.






Ainsley's birthday cake turned out SO CUTE!





This was Ainsley's little smash cake and the cake lady made it match her birthday invitations. I wasn't expecting so much detail! I will definitely be using her again.


My Mom painted Ainsley's birthday plate. She did such a great job! It will always be so special to use on Ainsley's birthday. The Precious Moment is what Lili and Pop gave Ainsley on her birthday morning. I collected these growing up, so I was excited for Ainsley to get her first one.



(Uncle) Michael and Me


Checking out her birthday balloons with Mimi and Pawpaw




Taking a "people break" outside with Daddy

Heading back inside to open her presents!

This is Ainsley's Pottery Barn chair from Lili and Pop. She loves sitting in it!




One of Mimi and Pawpaw's gifts: a little James Avery necklace. It is so PRECIOUS.

"Choo-choo!"
A's train from Great-Grandma/Grandpa







The CUTE clothes sent with love from West Texas. Thank you Nanny, Granddad, Bryan, Terri, and Amanda! We miss you! (I always look forward to seeing what they pick out because they always do such a great job. And I'm pretty sure they have a fun time shopping for baby girl clothes :)


You can kinda see her necklace in this pic. It is so sweet! This girl has a lot of jewelry so far and I'm sure it will only get worse...haha.

A sweet baby for our sweet baby. This doll is from Great-Mimi/Papa. It's a classic doll that's part of a series. So you can add to the collection it as she gets older. From what I understand each doll is for a certain age. She was so intrigued by this (especially with the eyes which open/close).



I'd say she is pretty spoiled...

Taking a ride to the kitchen in her wagon, from Mommy and Daddy. Time for birthday cake!



Not quite sure what to think about a bunch of people staring at her and singing.


It took a lot of encouragement to get her to even touch her cake.











I'd say she did pretty good!


Mimi, Pawpaw, and Ains

Ainsley loved her Pawpaw pulling her around the house in her wagon!





No comments:

Post a Comment